Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Homemade Natural Skin Recipes!


I was in Barnes and Noble the other and stumbled upon a book called "Return to Beauty, Old-World Recipes for Great Radiant Skin". The book includes pages upon pages of all natural recipes for your skin, hair, nails, and lips! She gives you various recipes for your specific skin type and different reciped for different seasons.

I was shocked to see how easy it actually is to whip up an all natural face mask in the comfort of my home. I actually bought the book online on Barnes and Noble for $9.99 as an "ebook" and I love it. If you think about it, most of the expensive facial creams we buy contain these natural elements in them. We just pay more for them. Most of the ingredients include milk, honey, eggs, oils, and fruit. Most of these ingredients we already have :) Just because it is cheap, does not mean it does not work. These and many other all natural remedies have existed for centuries! I decided to give some of the home made skin remedies at home and they make my skin and hair feel great! Here is one I have tried :)

Bee sweet moisturizer:

Used to hydrate and soften

1 tspn honey

1tspn almond oil

½ egg yolk

**Mix in small bowl, and apply to face. Rinse with warm water.

Another one I found online worked wonders for my hair:

1 egg

1 tspn honey

2 tspn olive oil

*mix in a bowl

*apply to wet hair

*cover with cap or towel

*rinse after 30 minutes

hope you enjoy! :)

1 comment: